Friday, November 06, 2015

Trying out PhoneGap Desktop App on Windows 10 for Windows Phone Apps

 

PhoneGap Desktop app is basically a visual interface for developing phonegap apps easily. For this post I am using the the latest beta release 0.1.11 from github.

I followed the step-by-step instructions from here but it did not work for me. I had to do some additional steps and use the old PhoneGap CLI to make it work.

Here are the high level steps I performed to make it work on my Windows 10 machine

  • Install PhoneGap Desktop App (download beta release 0.1.11 from here)

  • image

  • Install Mobile App

    wp_ss_20151106_0001

  • Create New App using Desktop App



    image
    image

image

  • Run the App



    wp_ss_20151106_0002

    wp_ss_20151106_0003
  • Resolve the Issue

    • Disable Virtualbox or VMWare Network Adapters

      image
    • Run CLI   (You can install the CLI from here)

      image
  • App Working

 

Enjoy JavaScripting on any device…

.

.

No comments:

AddIn